2014 Underwater Photography Competition Announced16th October 2014 | Jackie Hutchings
The Underwater Photography Guide is proud to announce that it is accepting entries for the 4th annual 2014 Ocean Art Photo Competition. There are over $70,000 worth of prizes, including over 20 liveaboard and scuba diving resort packages. Every prize is valued at over $1,000 USD. Grand prizes are:
- An 11-day Indonesia liveaboard trip on the SMY Ondina,
- A 7-night dive package at Paradise Taveuni Resort in Fiji,
- A 7-night Maldives liveaboard trip on the Manthiri, a 7-night Solomon Islands liveaboard trip on the Bilikiki,
- A 10-night dive package at Lissenung Dive Resort in Papua New Guinea,
- A variety of gift certificates from Bluewater Photo.
Premium prizes are provided by:
- Villa Markisa (Bali),
- the Discovery Fleet (Tubbataha),
- Emperor Divers (Maldives),
- VoliVoli (Fiji),
- Kosrae Nautilus Resort (Micronesia),
- Atlantis Philippines,
- Palau Dive Adventures,
- Mike Ball Dive Expeditions (Australia),
- Alor Divers (Indonesia),
- Manta Ray Bay (Yap),
- Maluku Divers (Indonesia),
- Juliana’s Hotel & Sea Saba Dive Center (Caribbean),
- Eco Divers Lembeh,
- Blackbeard’s Cruises (Bahamas)
- El Galleon Resort (Philippines),
- Atmosphere Resort (Philippines)
- Bluewater Travel.
Ocean Art is one of the most prestigious underwater photography competitions worldwide and also one of the largest in terms of prizes. The competition has 12 categories, including a Novice dSLR category and 3 compact camera categories, giving underwater photographers of all levels a chance to win a great prize.
Unique categories include:
- Cold/ Temperate Water,
- Underwater Models/Fashion.
The more traditional categories include:
- Marine Life Portraits
- Marine Life Behavior.
Winners from each category will be able to rank the resort and liveaboard prizes they would like to receive, making it more likely that winners will be able to book their dream underwater photography trip.
Judges include world-renowned underwater photographers Tony Wu, Martin Edge, Marty Snyderman and Scott Gietler. Martin Edge is the author of The Underwater Photographer, a top-selling book on underwater photography. Marty Snyderman is an Emmy winner with work appearing in top publications like National Geographic. Tony Wu is a renowned underwater photographer and author of Silent Symphony. Scott Gietler is an internationally published underwater photographer and owner of Bluewater Photo, Bluewater Travel and the Underwater Photography Guide.
Photos must be submitted before the deadline on November 19, 2014.