Job Vacancy: Content Crafter for the Scuba Diving Industry26th April 2017 | Sandro Lonardi
This is a 20 hours a week freelance position paid by the hour.
Diviac is the world’s leading online travel agency for scuba divers. Check out diviac.com
A platform like no other, inspiring divers to dive more, travel more and take care of our oceans.
Researching and booking a scuba holiday has never been easier nor more enjoyable.
Our goal is to inspire divers to dive more, travel more and take care of our oceans.
We're looking for an experienced writer to help us inspire divers and travellers alike.
You’ll be involved in various tasks all with the common denominator of creating beautiful texts:
- Write blog articles about scuba diving, travelling and conservation for our own channels and for third-party channels. Sometimes these will be published with your name other times you’ll act as ghostwriters.
- Create content for newsletters, social media, print advertising and other marketing material.
- Create press releases.
- Write content for the website.
- Spellcheck a variety of documents.
- Contribute to the editorial roadmap with actionable ideas and feedback.
- Native English speaker.
- Natural born storyteller.
- Natural born influencer.
- Outstanding writing style and an ability to simplify jargon and structure a feature.
- Intermediate knowledge of search engine optimisation.
- Comfortable editing in WordPress, Ghost and you’re a fast learner when it comes to online tools.
- Scuba diver, ideally a divemaster or dive instructor.
- Independent, you don’t require constant feedback and you have a secret love for perfection and attention for details.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and image editing.
To apply for this position please send your cv and a motivational letter to [email protected]
In your application please include the following info:
- What dive certification do you have?
- How many dives do you have?
- Where have you been diving?
- For which scuba diving company / website have you worked or are currently working?
- What is your usual turnaround time per a standard article?
- In which timezone are you?
- What are the 3 articles about scuba diving that you’re the most proud of?