Job Vacancy: Independent Travel Agent9th March 2016 | Joel Perrenoud
Job title: Independent Travel Agent - scuba travel specialist
Location: United States – any location – home based
Diviac Travel is the Booking.com of Scuba Diving.
We are a travel startup founded in 2013 and headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. Our customers are global and so is our team, with members in the US, UK, Switzerland, Ukraine and Egypt. We have very high ambitions and want to transform the scuba diving world.
Through our website (diviac.com), we receive hundreds of leads a month from divers around the world looking to book a dive holiday. We may be primarily an online booking platform, but never the less strive to provide great customer service in the form of timely and very knowledgeable advice.
We are looking for an experienced independent travel agent, passionate about scuba diving travel, to drive conversion of leads to bookings.
Since you would be working from home you would be considered a 1099 Independent contractor
- Man our chat
- Provide chat customers with timely written responses and advice
- Get the phone numbers / Emails from hot leads from the chat and track them in a structured way
- Follow up by phone / Email with customers who sent a booking enquiry or who are hot chat leads
- Contact dive operators (Liveaboards, Dive Resorts, Dive Centers) to check pricing, availability and get answers to open questions
- Convert new dive operators to official suppliers
- Log new information into our knowledge management tool
- Drive customers to final booking
Head of Sales
We are open to making this either a part-time or a full time position, with either a generous commission only scheme or a small base + commission scheme.
Since this position is home based, we are looking for an experienced and independent travel agent who can hit the road running:
- Minimum 5 years working in the travel agency industry
- Either 2+ years specializing on scuba diving related travel
- Or very active diver who has personally dived around the world
Qualifications / skills
- Certified scuba diver
- Loves traveling
- Loves to pick up the phone to call customers and suppliers
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Hard worker driven by customer satisfaction but also success (bookings)
- Outgoing, positive and go-getter attitude