Job Vacancy: Online Travel Agent (UPDATED LOCATION)7th November 2016 | Sandro Lonardi
Job title: Online Travel Agent - scuba travel specialist
Location: Phuket, Thailand (new Diviac hub for Asia)
Company description: Diviac Travel is the Booking.com of Scuba Diving. We are a travel startup founded in 2013 and headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. Our customers are global and so is our team, with members in the US, UK, Switzerland, Ukraine and Egypt. We have very high ambitions and want to transform the scuba diving world.
Job description: Through our website (diviac.com), we receive hundreds of leads a month from divers around the world looking to book a dive holiday. We run a hybrid model where customer can either book fully independently or interact with us to get consulting before they book. As such, we strive to provide first class customer service in the form of timely and very knowledgeable advice.
We are looking for experienced travel agent who love the Internet and want to work for a dynamic travel startup offering lots of upside for top performers.
Responsibilities: As a member of our core travel agent team, you will handle the end-to-end booking process for your assigned customers. This involves:
- Answering their questions and advising them – through chat, email and phone
- Interacting with our suppliers to check pricing, confirm availability, get answers to open questions and confirm bookings
- Keeping our CRM up-to-date
- Driving customers to final booking
- Handling all post-booking administrative tasks (e.g. logging new information in our knowledge management tool, ensuring voucher accuracy, etc...)
- As necessary, providing further post-booking customer support
Reports to: Head of Sales
Compensation: Performance driven package composed of a monthly base salary + sales commission. Top performers can expect to earn above average. Additional perks include a one week onboarding phase at our headquarters in Switzerland, as well as discounted scuba travel throughout the year.
Experience: We are looking for experienced and independent travel agents who can hit the road running:
- Minimum 3 years working in the travel agency industry
- Either 2 years+ specializing on scuba diving related travel
- …or active diver who has personally dived around the world
Qualifications / skills:
- Born sales person who loves to be on the phone with customers
- Competitive individual who gets a kick out of closing a sale
- Strong personal drive, willing to go the extra mile
- Independent, able to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible and comfortable with change (we are a startup)
- Customer centric – always looking for the best for the customer
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Professional with high attention to details
- Open and willing to learn
- Loves traveling
Apply now: To apply for this position please send your cv and a motivational letter to [email protected]